Confirmed AOW Students: Max, Keith, Dylan and Theo
You are required to read 5 chapters from the AOW manual and do the Knowledge Review at the end of those chapters. Please note that we will be meeting on Tuesdays or Thursdays during meeting time (2:25-3:00) in Rm.207 to go through the theory for your course. You need to be finished reading these 5 chapters, as well as the chapter questions before the Open Water sessions on October 5/6. To help you to go through the theory, we will break down the reading as follows:
Tuesday, September 24: Deep Diver & UW Navigation
Thursday, October 3: Boat Dive, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Search and Recovery
OPEN WATER SESSIONS
- Saturday October 5: Open Water session I
- Sunday, October 6: Open Water session II
We will meet at 8:15 am at the end of Pak Sha Wan Pier in Sai Kung.
The boat will leave at 8:30am sharp, in case you are going to be 5min late, please call Mr. Gonzalez (6902-9519), otherwise you will have to reschedule. We should be back at the pier around 4pm.
WHAT TO BRING
Lunch and water will be provided (it will not be Kosher food)
- Towel and swim gear
- Water bottle
- Some snacks
- Any dive equipment you may have
- A sweater/jacket in case it is windy
HOW TO GET THERE?
- Take a taxi to Pak Sha Wan Pier in Sai Kung.
- Take the MTR to one of the stations below and take the corresponding bus. If you do so, I would recommend to go to Hang Hau MTR station, take minibus 101M and get off at Pak Sha Wan Pier.